Thursday, November 15, 2007

What is is wrong with Namibia

Hello everybody,

I have created this blog to create a platform for people to air their views about Namibian politics specifically the Rally for Democracy and Progress and the possibility for change.

Namibia is a great country I wouldn't live anywhere else. But there is room for improvement, the wealth of this country has not trickled down to the people who are in need the most. For the first post I would like to invite fellow bloggers to list areas where Namibia is going wrong and how it can improve..

Firstly, I would say job creation, I am an unemployed UNAM graduate.. We need national projects that create employment for locals and inspire a sense of Nationalism. The new State House is a perfect example of how not to carry out national projects; so much money is being spent on it while the majority of the construction crew are non-Namibian nationals.

There are many other areas where we can improve..

Happy blogging

2 comments:

Consequence said...

I feel you brother/sister. We need change, fresh minds and ideas. I'm not pro or anti anything.

But the formation of the RDP has shook the political landscape, you can tell by the way the SWAPO Youth League is using every opportunity to discredit the RDP, its members and even poor Mr Kanime.

SWAPO faces the possibility of extinction if they do not deliver what the electorate needs. We don't need to hear about resolution 435 and the struggle. We want jobs, security and freedom.

I work in the financial sector and I want the government to be more transparent about where our tax money goes. I'm not just talking about the ODC millions. How about the bloated education budget? What tangible results has it yielded? Ministry of Gender, what are they doing?

Big up to Uhuru

Uhuru said...

Great post Consequence. Congrats on being first to comment here.

I agree with what you have said, I can just add that accountability should also be extended to the heads of parastatals. CEO candidates for Namwater, Nampower, Namcor, Namdeb, Transnamib and the rest should be interview by parliamentary committees and approved by parliament as well to ensure that the chosen candidates are suitable and qualified.

Nampower is a perfect example of how political appointees can undermine an institution.

No disrespect to the incumbent Mr Shilamba but Mr Hangala was more qualified and experienced. And I question the wisdom of that appointment.