For those who attended the Rally, Nov 17 will not be forgotten anytime soon. Unfortunately I was unable to attend due to logistical and financial difficulties. But I've been getting feedback from those who attended, apparently there was a sense of excitement in the air! And a feeling that things are about to change.
HH was confirmed as the president after it was rumored that he was the brains behind the RDP movement. However, I believe that if the movement is to be successful in the long run it should embrace the idea of collective leadership.
I would like to invite those who attended the rally to leave their comments...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also didn't attend the rally so i had to rely on the media for my facts, if u can call them that.
What inspired me most was the "RDP was a true rallying point for social progress" statement and that it was for everybody.
Its a good start even though the New Error described it as a flop, I find that hard to believe. Everyone who I have spoken to who attended has told me how great the atmosphere was. And to think they were forced to stop registering new members because they ran out of cards and forms.
The message of political tolerance was also something to be proud, we as namibians are culturally intolerant in general, towards people from other tribes, homosexuals, even race. Thats why Mshasho and GMP fans can't get along because according to their narrow minded thought process' they can't co-exist. SWAPO and RDP CAN co-exist without a single drop of blood beiong dripped.
"Political disagreements must be addressed in the arena of ideas" - Hidipo Hamutenya
The launch was a success but they have been to quiet. We need to hear more or are they waiting for the SWAPO congress to finish?
Post a Comment